Q&A Session: Distance Learning
Join the Wenatchee Valley Museum & Cultural Center’s Q&A session with local public school superintendents regarding education in our public school systems during COVID-19 closures. Hear from local school officials about how Wenatchee and Eastmont Public School Districts are structuring distance learning, collaborating with the community, and training teachers. Listen to their responses to the community’s questions regarding digital learning platforms, standardization, connectivity, security, accessibility, and bilingual resources.
- Dr. Paul Gordon, Wenatchee School District Superintendent
- Michael Lane, Wenatchee School District Executive Director of Learning and Teaching
- Spencer Taylor, Eastmont School District Executive Director of Elementary Education
- David Woods, Eastmont School District Assistant Superintendent/Secondary Education
Wenatchee School District Resources:
- Bilingual Family Advocates List: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JhLRNGD_60p2F0GExF-g4cS4pucT4cLm/view
- Continuous Learning Technology Support: https://sites.google.com/wenatcheeschools.org/remote/tech-support?authuser=0 Continuous Learning Resources: https://sites.google.com/wenatcheeschools.org/remote
- List of WSD Schools: https://www.wenatcheeschools.org/our-schools
Eastmont School District Resources:
- Update Center – Coronavirus: https://www.eastmont206.org/emergency-updates-d0547f3f
- Remote Learning: https://www.eastmont206.org/remote-learning-f343b3d6
- Spanish Parent Resources: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FFL320JMfHBO_Z4zW5OCwn9CQSPcSeXJmvIOwM0guuE/edit
- Free internet resources from Spectrum (1-844-488-8398) and LocalTel (888-8888).